Best Life Insurance For Caving Cavers And Potholers 2023
Do you worry that your loved ones may suffer if you have an accident while caving?
Insurance Hero specialises in finding life cover for extreme sports, including caving. Read on and learn how Insurance Hero can get you a quote to include your caving participation.
Some Reasons To Consider Getting A Caving Life Insurance Quote:
- Affordable policies, meaning you will be able to discover one that fits your budget
- If you are a caver, policies are specifically designed for your needs. These include critical illness cover and income protection to help you protect yourself and your family if the worst happens
- Mortgage Protection Cover – take out cover to help pay off your mortgage balance if you die or are unable to work
- Peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones are taken care of financially if something happens to you.
- To cover funeral costs and other debts that you may leave behind.
Help Protect Your Family’s Future, Compare Top Insurers. Find Your Cheapest Quote
Caving – The Challenges Of Getting Life Insurance and Associated Cover
Caving is considered a high-risk activity. Risks may include a cave collapsing or getting swept away by a torrent of water. The cost of life insurance, critical illness, and income protection cover, including caving, depends on what type of caving you participate in; potholing is considered dangerous.
The answer to these questions could see, on the one hand, negligible additional premium compared to standard life cover, or it could lead to the worst possible outcome with caving excluded from your policy. Insurance Hero wants to include caving as part of the life cover and not be treated as an exclusion.
Why Use Insurance Hero?
Insurance Hero connects you with underwriters specialising in life cover for those undertaking extreme activities. They will help you get your caving activities included within your life policy and not excluded. A friendly, professional team of brokers knows what insurance underwriters require to get the best chance of an inclusive caving quote.
Specialists undertake a thorough fact-finding process to get you a policy quote. Underwriters trust them to lay out the details of your caving activities accurately. Fact-finding is done via a questionnaire in a non-intrusive manner by our friendly team.
Specifically, for caving, the types of questions asked will include the following:
- Are you affiliated with a caving club?
- What type of caving activity do you do?
- Are you involved in potholing or to do teach as an outdoor instructor?
- Are you involved professionally as an instructor?
- What is the frequency of your caving activity?
- What is the typical duration of your caving sessions?
- The location, depth and category of caves explored
- Do you ever cave alone?
- Do you have any underlying medical conditions?
Specialist Outdoor Activity Life Cover – Free Quote Form
How Does Life Insurance Cover Work?
Life insurance cover is an agreement between the policyholder and the underwriter. In return for regular monthly or annual premiums, should you die, then a lump sum will be paid out to designated beneficiaries of the life insurance policy.
At the outset of the policy, agree on terms where a caving-related death is part of the life insurance policy. Consider protection if you have outstanding financial commitments, and family or dependents would be adversely affected if you die.
Outstanding obligations may include:
- Personal loans
- Car loan
- Credit card debt
- Hire purchase agreements
- Large bank overdrafts
For a free caving life insurance cover quote, Insurance Hero is only too happy to help. Our friendly team will work unobtrusively to assess your needs to ensure a competitive quote tailored to your circumstances. Why delay? Call now on 0203 129 88 66
Critical Illness Cover In Brief
A medical diagnosis or surgical procedure could stop you from working. It could be the result of your caving activities or something completely unrelated.
By paying regular premiums as part of a critical illness policy, you would be entitled to an upfront payment if you cannot work.
Not all illnesses are covered. At the outset, it is best to understand what diseases come under the policy definition. Typically, a pay-out is forthcoming if you survive ten days after diagnosis.
The policy does not payout if you die.
Examples of illnesses or procedures that can be covered include some of the following:
- Cardiac arrest
- Liver failure
- Heart attack
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pulmonary artery surgery
Within a policy, you can choose three different types of critical illness coverage:
- Level cover: The pay-out amount will be the same throughout the policy term
- Increasing cover: The pay-out will increase in line with the RPI throughout the policy term
- Decreasing cover: The pay-out amount will fall throughout the policy term
Caving Income Protection Cover
If you cannot work for a significant amount of time due to illness or injury, perhaps caused by caving, income protection cover can help.
Regular premiums paid under a policy will result in a salary paid should you be unable to work. Cover can kick in from as little as one month to one year after you make a claim.
Income protection provides the certainty of a regular salary to provide for your family, allowing you to focus on recovering and returning to work.
You should consider income protection if you have financial commitments that need repayment if you cannot work:
- Rent payments
- Mortgage payments
- Car loans
- Personal loans
Insurance Hero can provide Income protection quotes even if you pursue caving activities as a hobby.
Contact us on 0203 129 88 66 to discuss your requirements. Our professional team of brokers wants to help you get a policy quote tailored to your circumstances for complete peace of mind.