Modern Slavery Statement
Date: October 27, 2023
Insurance Hero, located at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UK, is wholly committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships.
We take a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking within our business and supply chains.
This statement is made according to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 2023.
Our Business and Supply Chains
Insurance Hero operates in the insurance industry, providing various products and services. We have a diverse supply chain that supports our business operations, including suppliers of IT services, marketing, and facilities management.
Our Policies on Slavery and Human Trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or any part of our business.
We implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk, we have in place systems to:
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Protect whistleblowers.
- Ensure our suppliers adhere to our values.
We have a dedicated compliance team, which consists of involvement from the following departments:
- Human Resources
This team is responsible for implementing and ensuring compliance with our policies and monitoring their use and effectiveness.
Any concerns regarding modern slavery are reported to this team, and they are responsible for investigating and acting on such reports.
We provide training to our staff to ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and business.
Our training covers:
- How to identify the signs of slavery and human trafficking.
- How to report potential slavery or human trafficking issues to the relevant parties within the company.
- How to mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains.
Our Effectiveness in Combating Slavery and Human Trafficking
We use the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we have been in ensuring that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
- Completion of audits by department heads.
- Use of labour monitoring and payroll systems.
- Level of communication and personal contact with the following link in the supply chain and their understanding of, and compliance with, our expectations.
Following a review of the effectiveness of the steps we have taken this year to ensure that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains, we intend to take the following further steps to combat slavery and human trafficking:
- Develop a comprehensive supplier code of conduct.
- Enhance our existing training program.
- Continue to develop our risk assessment processes to identify and mitigate risk areas.
For questions or concerns regarding our Modern Slavery Statement, please get in touch with our compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Modern Slavery Statement is designed to be comprehensive and to clearly express Insurance Hero’s commitment to preventing modern slavery and human trafficking in its business operations and supply chains.
It includes information on the company’s business and supply chains, policies, due diligence processes, training, effectiveness measures, future steps, and contact information.
The statement also includes relevant external and internal policy links to provide additional resources and information.